Did you know that halitosis can result from several methods, including via the products you consume and the lifestyle habits you follow? In order to keep your mouth safe, it is important to provide blanket protection for your mouth by improving all aspects of your life. Furthermore, if you are routinely suffering from bad breath that will not go away, you will need to treat the underlying ailment responsible for it. Here are some tips about halitosis treatment and prevention methods:
– If you are suffering from underlying health conditions such as liver or kidney issues or oral health conditions such as gum disease, you may be an increased risk for bad breath.
– It is important to keep your tongue clean as it may harbor bacteria responsible for bad breath.
– If you have dentures, it is important to make sure they are cleaned to remove any bacteria that may be present.
– To help prevent bad breath, quit bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco as well as eating unhealthy foods that contribute to dry mouth.
– To help reduce additional saliva in your mouth, which is a known product used to combat bad breath, eat crunchy foods with high water content such as apple or pears. Furthermore, chew sugarless gum or suck on sugar-free candies.
– To reduce or eliminate bad breath, always exercise healthy habits with your oral hygiene choices. This includes brushing twice daily and floss once every day as well.
Make sure to take diligent care of your teeth and gums, so that your smile can remain free of bad breath. For more information about bad breath, or to schedule a comprehensive oral examination with Dr. Marcia Greene and our team at Bayview Dental Care, give us a call at 718-273-8686. Our dentist office is suitably located in Staten Island, New York.