Your teeth are in jeopardy every day without proper care. In fact, there are many habits people do each day that can cause severe damage to your teeth without realizing it. Your teeth are an essential aspect of your life, aiding you to communicate and eat. As a result, taking care of them should be high on the priority list.
At Bayview Dental Care, our dentist cares about you and your oral health, which is why she is happy to help you avoid and treat any damage you may have to your teeth. In addition, our team is happy to share some information with you about everyday things that can cause damage to your teeth. That way, you know what to avoid.
Here are some everyday things that can cause severe damage to your teeth:
– Lack of dental visits: A lack of dental visits can leave you susceptible to various forms of damage to your teeth.
– Hard foods: Various products in your diet may be too difficult to bite into. Avoid biting into hard products, as this can cause you to fracture your teeth.
– Bad habits: Bad habits, such as using drugs or tobacco, can damage your teeth and gums.
– Poor oral hygiene: Poor oral hygiene is a known risk factor for dental damage and can lead to several oral health risks.
– Stained Teeth: Several products in your diet may contain tooth-staining ingredients.
– Sports: It is important to wear safety equipment during sports to lower your risk of dental damage.
– Mouth jewelry: Mouth jewelry in the form of lip and tongue ring appliances can damage your teeth, tongue and gums.
As you can see, this list is critical to keep in mind as you strive to take care of your teeth. If you have questions about how you can improve your oral health in Staten Island, New York, or if you need help fixing a damaged tooth, please call us today at 718-273-8686 to set up an appointment with Dr. Marcia Greene. We are always happy to assist you with your oral health care needs.